Most churches use the same Scriptures, meet on the same day, have services approximately the same length, sing similar songs and have the same general mission. But then there are those things that set churches apart. What you are apt to find different about New Covenant.
1. We don’t sweat the small stuff. While many churches divide over issues such as the end times theories, speaking in tongues, creation theories and even translations of the bible– we agree to disagree on these things and unite around the essentials of the faith that are found in the classic apostle’s creed.
2. We have a strong emphasis on personal growth. Church leaders and staff challenge themselves and others to be life-time learners. We offering training and accountability across the board to those who want to take the journey. We believe that good leadership is necessary to effective church ministry. Every ministry leader at New Covenant is expected to be in training–even the senior pastor.
3. We let down our guard. No body at New Covenant has it together. We admit that we are a work in progress and try our best to be patient and tolerant of each other. While we hold unswervingly to biblical standards and challenge those who stray—we seek to reach out with love and mercy and restore those who fall rather than trample over them. Mistakes and failures are considered “normal”
4. Food is allowed. We like to eat. (Yes, I tell people that) We use food to facilitate our fellowship and believe it to be part of God’s plan. Hospitality and friendships are at the heart of Christian community and we need to build healthy relationships within our church body. Expect to find food at most of our functions.
5. Music in the air. New Covenant has always been a musical church. Unlike many churches, we employ music as a major part of our Sunday service. We give plenty of opportunity for folks with musical talent to use their gifts and grow their gifts. Often we have folk outside our own community come and minister to us.
6. We have a plan. Once you become a part of New Covenant, you soon learn that we provide you with a systematic plan and programs to help you build your spiritual life and faith. While we certainly don’t discount the role and power of the Spirit—we give opportunities for the Spirit to work through the core programs we offer. You won’t have to let your spiritual growth up to chance at New Covenant.
We aren’t a perfect church by any means and we have a lot we can and are working to improve, but we believe God is doing great things at our station in His Kingdom. We aren’t what everyone is looking for, but we certainly enjoy new people joining with us who place value on these things we love.